I read something over the weekend that I thought was very good. If you find yourself going through a challenging time or a time of warfare, this writing from Kris Vallotton may be helpful to you – therefore I wanted to share it today…I hope it blesses you.
The truth is that evil spirits have no power over you (even though it feels like they do)! Rather, you have power over them. Secondly, these battles come in waves and they will not last forever. Remember: if it’s not good, it’s not the end! And lastly, you probably did nothing wrong to cause this battle. As a matter of fact, you are most likely experiencing this battle because you are doing something right. Here are a few more things to hold onto while you WALK through the valley:
- Don’t be afraid, but instead remember the Lord. Nehemiah 4:14 “When I saw their fear, I rose and spoke to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people: “Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses.”
- Remember the testimonies in your life. They are weapons of warfare. Fill yourself with faith by holding onto testimonies from other people’s lives too. Revelation 19:10 says the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Meaning if God’s done it before, He can and will do it again!
- Remember the work you are doing is noble. Nehemiah 6:3 (emphasis added) says, “so I sent messengers to them with this reply: “I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you?”
- Remember who you are! The enemy will try and convince you that you are defeated but the truth is that you are a victor! He’ll try and convince you that you’re the worst person in the world but the truth is that you’re the apple of God’s eye, destined to change the world! Speak the truth about who you are over yourself with every assault that comes your way.
- Trust Jesus to keep you! Jude 24 says, “To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—”
- Release the peace within you through singing and proclaiming Jesus. Remember the freedom within you will become the freedom around you. Acts 16:25 says, “But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were unfastened.”
- No matter what, nothing can separate you from God’s love… not even the valley! “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
- Remember that God never leaves you and He’s walking through the valley with you! “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
KEEP WALKING TODAY
This too shall pass! Even though we may feel crazy in the valley, we have been given a sound mind! Here again, we have to remind ourselves that how we feel isn’t always how we are. 2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” Hold onto this as you walk through the valley and remember the goal is to keep walking. Don’t set up camp and don’t give up!
Meditate on this:
Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7