Proverbs 16:2 says; All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but the LORD weighs the motives. Here are some questions we can ask ourselves to weigh our motives.
• If no one ever knows what I am doing (giving, serving, sacrificing), would I still do it?
• If there was no visible or immediate payoff for doing this, would I still do it?
• Am I doing this for the praise of others?
• If I had to suffer for continuing what God has called me to do, would I still do it?
• If those whom I am serving never show any gratitude or never repay me, will I still do it?